Contact us if you would like to help in any way
A healthy life involves the absence of illness – and living as healthily as possible for those of us with diseases.
It also concerns physical, psychological and social well-being.
How you can help
- eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, avoiding tobacco and drugs and getting enough rest.
- being aware of public health advice on how to reduce the risk of ill-health
- taking action to follow public health advice
- helping to keep your workplace healthy
- being a good member of your community ie caring for others
How policymakers can help
- Access to safe and affordable universal healthcare.
This needs to include a good public health system: prevention is better than cure.
This also needs access to safe medicines.
- Clean water and sanitation for all.
- Good education for all, including health literacy
- A healthy environment – free from pollution
- Minimising human contributions to global warning and climate change
- Protection from extremes of climate … including floods and droughts
- Contingency planning and rapid response to natural disasters